If you love Monopoly and Game Of Thrones, you’re going to want to check this out.
Remember the good ol’ days when you used to play Monopoly with your friends and family? Well, the genius folks at Xtreme Games decided to roll out a revamped version of the classic board game (*among many others) recently. This one’s called: Monopoly – Game of Thrones Collector’s Edition and it has been kicking some serious butt lately; all thanks to the immersive experience that the game carries along.
Plus, ever since the Game of Thrones season became popular, people find all kinds of reasons to furnish their house with the TV Series’ replicas, accessories and whatever they can get their hands on to. On a serious note, as a die-hard Monopoly game fan, I can heartily vouch for the overall game aesthetics.
From the moment the dice is cast to the day you are arrested for your misdemeanors in the financial sector, you will either come out as the next wealthiest overlord, or one of the unknown bankrupt families that even the cast and crew of the series hardly talk about anymore!
- Entirely new custom made board, game pieces, cards, and hand sculpted tokens. Most of the game accessories are handmade, which means that there’s none of that 3D printed bull pizzle to brag about.
- Game of Thrones style scroll with the Do’s and Don’ts, and lay of the land in it. Thou shall not commit fraud lest you be punished severely!
- Custom in-game currency featuring Westeros and Essos symbols on it.
- Traditional ‘Chance’ and ‘Community Chest’ cards are now replaced with Game of Thrones’ Iron Throne & Valar Morghulis themes.
- All in-game real estate is converted into inns, taverns, brothels, and villages. The small diecast pieces that’d otherwise represent real life hotels are now converted into keeps and Game of Thrones symbols.
If you were to buy the game right away at this instant, you would find a lot more interesting stuff in there. I don’t want to spoil the element of surprise by disclosing anything about the Limited-Edition House Sigils… Oops! There you go, sorry… However, aside from the customization feature, this edition of the Monopoly Board game will help in rekindling childhood memories.
Okay so what’s the weird thing?
Oh yeah, I find it hard to believe that the game board still has the same ‘Go to Jail’, ‘Parking Ticket Fines’ and other penalties that somehow look strange. I wonder if they had cars and parking spaces back in the Game of Thornes era? Maybe George R.R. Martin is about to add a few futuristic plot twists to the novel, and somehow the Monopoly guys got a whiff of it earlier than anticipated. Well, that’s the theory.
By the way, if you are not a Game of Thrones fan, there are other Monopoly Editions out there in the market. For instance, there is Monopoly – The Legend of Zelda Edition, World of Warcraft Edition, Pokémon Edition, Snap-on Tools Monopoly, Star Trek Klingon Monopoly, and tons of other titles waiting to be explored. So take your pick and rejoice in the spirit of those long lost teen years.