The 1st Excellent TaylorMade Stealth Driver Is A Masterpiece You Need
- The 60X Carbon Twist Face is encased by a polyurethane cover, featuring a revolutionary new nanotexture technology. The nanotexture cover is used to fine-tune launch and spin to optimize total distance regardless of playing conditions.
- The weight savings of the 60x Carbon Twist Face has allowed more weight to be positioned low and deep in the head, this will add 15% more MOI compared to Stealth Plus plus.
- The Inertia Generator remains the foundational source of refined aerodynamic properties. The result is a slippery-fast head shape that aids in swing speed generation on the downswing for golfers at every level.
- Our most flexible Speed Pocket design is engineered to maximize ball speeds and produce additional forgiveness on low-face strikes.
Taylormade claims they’ve reached the limits of titanium faces in their woods. They’ve been working with carbon in the background for 20 years and feature it in all their woods for 2022 (and beyond, I guess). The “60x Carbon Twist Face” is supposed to be a faster and more forgiving material. They took a heap-big chance doing this and it appears to have paid off.
Why Consider the Stealth Driver
The Stealth driver does what Taylormade says it will do. You’ll get good to great results if you put a decent swing on it. It’s long, forgiving, and looks and sounds great.
60X Carbon Twist Face
- Better energy transfer (Hotter Face)
- More forgiving
- Increased the effective hitting area by increasing the size of the face and clubhead
- Increases accuracy and distance on off-center hits.
- Provides better feel on shots hit across the face
2) Asymmetric Inertial Generator
- Better aerodynamics just before impact (where Taylormade says it’s needed for increased clubhead speed)
- Allows additional weight to be placed for higher MOI, optimal launch, better forgiveness
3) 44% Lighter Than Titanium
- Position more mass lower in the club head for added forgiveness.
4) Nanotexture Cover & Polyurethane
- Nanotexture creates face texture with more friction at impact
- Polyurethane is used to fine-tune launch and spin, and optimize total distance
5) Premium Sound
- Taylormade says the sound is an important component of feel so they used curvature, shape, and internal stiffening ribs to dial in acoustics.
The company introduced a carbon-composite faced driver in Asia in 2013, the Gloire Reserve, which sold about 8,000 units, a significantly smaller batch compared to the hundreds of thousands of heads that would be required for a global launch. At the time, Beach said, that the 30 percent larger face on the Gloire Reserve, which featured 70 layers of carbon composite, “gave birth to a new step in distance.” Eight years later, Beach sees Stealth as a global paradigm shift—and interestingly, a design they’ve discussed with the ruling bodies for some time. Even if the guidelines governing springlike effect were tightened, as has been indicated, Beach believes the precision of the carbon-composite face design and the tighter tolerances allow them to stay closer to the limit than traditional titanium faces.