TFB Short Clips
The Apple TV 4K (32GB) Is All New and Improved
- Dolby Atmos for immersive, room-filling sound
- A12 Bionic chip gives a big boost to audio, video, and graphics, for even better game and app experiences
- 4K High Frame Rate HDR with Dolby Vision for fluid, crisp video
- Apple Original shows and movies from Apple TV+
- The latest hits from Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and more
- More ways to enjoy your TV with Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness+, and Apple Music
- The new Siri Remote with touch-enabled click pad
- Private listening with up to two sets of AirPods
- Use AirPlay to share photos, videos, and more from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac on your TV
- Get a live view of your HomeKit-enabled cameras and control your smart home accessories
It’s taken four years for Apple to revamp its streaming box, and you’d be forgiven for initially being underwhelmed – the Apple TV 4K (2021) looks identical to its predecessor, the Apple TV 4K (2017), and the tweaks and improvements it offers over its the previous iteration are, on the face of it, small. However, the interface is incredibly slick, and it brings more than just TV streaming to the table. The Apple TV 4K (2021) is powered by the A12 Bionic processor, which is also found in the iPad (2020) and iPhone XS, rather than the A10X chip used in the previous iteration. This makes navigating the interface slightly speedier than before, and it also provides enough processing power to play high-frame-rate (60fps) HDR videos more smoothly than before. On top of that, there’s a handy color balance feature, which uses the light sensor in an iPhone that supports Face ID to check and tweak your TV’s color balance so it’s more accurate and in line with industry standards, without you having to manually adjust the TV’s settings.
Like its predecessor, the Apple TV 4K (2021) comes with either 32GB or 64GB of storage space – 32GB should be fine for most people unless you plan on downloading oodles of apps, games, or movies and TV shows. As well as the streaming box itself, you’ll also get the revamped Siri remote. The remote supplied with the Apple TV 4K (2017) was a bone of contention, but the new-look Siri remote included here is thinner, and ditches the touch-sensitive trackpad in favor of a circular click pad, which makes scrolling through the interface far easier.