TFB Short Clips
Vidgo Streaming Service Review
Since the dawn of internet streaming, Cable TV subscriptions have been on the wane. Increasingly, the internet has become the go to platform for people watching your favorite shows, sports or news programs. Television networks are racing to find ways to sell their service over the internet in order to recoup losses in cable subscribers. Enter the Television Streaming Service. The latest entrant to the streaming wars that the editors at the funnybeaver.com would like review is Vidgo Streaming Service.
What is Vidgo Streaming Service?
Vidgo is a TV streaming service that’s simple affordable. It offers compatibility with a huge range of mobile devices and compatible streaming devices. Specifically, it’s compatible with Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, iOS devices, Android devices, Apple TV and much more. In terms of content, it offers popular live sports, entertainment, family and Latino programming at an affordable price.
Vidgo streaming service costs $39.99/mo and offers a 7-day free trial to get you started. Sign up now to see what they have to offer and watch all of your favorite channels, cable-free. The 7 day trial is no obligation so if find that the service doesn’t offer what you need or want, simply cancel it within those 7 days.
Unlike Netflix or other on-demand content only streaming service, you can watch LIVE television. In fact, Vidgo includes a package of 60 live TV channels.
Here’s a quick summary of the Vidgo streaming service:
- $39.99 per month
- 7 day free trial for new users
- No commitment or monthly contracts required
- Value for money service with 60 channels
- Disney Media Networks included in their Basic Package
- Sports fans get an excellent selection of channels including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, etc.
- Includes local broadcast channels from ABC in selected markets with additional markets being added regularly
- A novel Social TV platform so you can interact with friends while you watch live shows
How Does Vidgo Streaming Service Works
As mentioned before, Vidgo is a streaming service that requires an internet connection. For the best viewing experience, we recommend a fast and reliable internet connection (i.e. no mobile data service). Here’s a summary on how to get going on the Vidgo service:
- Visit Vidgo’s website and signup for the service or purchase prepaid membership at thousands of prepaid wireless stores
- Choose a subscription package or sign up for a free 1 week trial
- Select the Core Package which costs $39.99 per month or the Plus Package which costs $49.99 per month
- Select any add-on products
- Login to your account on your computer to watch from your computer, or download the vidgo app from the app store for iOS or Android Play Store and enter your account information.
- Alternatively, stream on other devices as well, like Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku by entering your Vidgo login credentials.
- If you’re unsatisfied with the service, feel free to cancel your subscription at any time
Vidgo Streaming Service Features
Vidgo is a relatively new service and was launched in October 2018. Initially it focused on Latino channels but they quickly grew their broadcasting partnerships and widely expanded its channel and features.
Here is a summary of the Vidgo features:
- Wide range of content and channel offerings: Vidgo attempts to offer a channel package that works for a broad audience base. Whether you’re interested in sports, news, children’s TV or your favorite sitcoms, you’re sure to be able to find something suitable.
- Simultaneous streaming: Vidgo allows you to watch on three different devices at the same time, regardless of device location. This means you could be watching from your house, while someone else in your family is streaming the football game at the office.
- Social TV platform: In partnership with Kiswe Mobile, Vidgo offers a social platform on which to interact with other viewers while watching live TV. This method of connectivity brings together friends and family to elevate the TV watching experience.
- Full suite of Disney Network Channels: the Core Package gets you access to Disney’s entire suite of networks including ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel, Freeform, FX, and National Geographic. Vidgo marketing states that they’re the only streaming provider to include this in their basic package.
- Live sports: Vidgo offers the most popular sports networks including ESPN, Fox Sports, NFL Network, PAC-12 Network, and beIN Sports.
- Live local channels in select markets. In major metro areas, Vidgo offers local channels from ABC, FOX, and My Network TV. Currently, the live local channels are available in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh/Durham, and Fresno. Vidgo is constantly increasing the local channel coverage to other areas.
Vidgo Channel Lineup
Core Package – 60+ channels including:
A&E, ABC, ACC Network, Animal Planet, Aspire, BeIn Sports – English, BET, Big Ten Network, Cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Curiosity Stream, Discovery, Disney, Disney Jr., Disney XD, DIY, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN U, ESPN2, ESPNews, Food Network, Fox, Fox Business, Fox Deportes, Fox News, Freeform, FS 1, FS 2, FX, FXM, FXX, FYI, Game Show Network, Hallmark, Hallmark Drama, Hallmark Movies, HGTV, History, ID Discovery, INSP, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Longhorn, MAVTV, Motor Trend, MTV, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, NFL Network, Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, OWN, PAC -12 NETWORK, Paramount Network, Science, SEC Network, Stadium, Teen Nick, TLC, Travel Channel, TV Land, Uptv, VH1, Viceland
Plus Package – 80+ channels including:
Extra channels on Plus – ABC, AHC, CMT Music, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded, Fusion, Law & Crime, Motortrend, MTV Classic, MTV2, Nat Geo, NFL Redzone, Nick Toons, PAC -12 NETWORK Los Angeles, PAC -12 NETWORK Arizona, PAC -12 NETWORK Bay Area, PAC -12 NETWORK Mountain, PAC -12 NETWORK Oregon, PAC -12 NETWORK Washington, SEC, Stadium Regional, Velocity
Latino Package – 15 channels including:
Baby TV, BeIN Sports – Spanish, Discovery En Espanol, Discovery Familia (DF), ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Fox Life, History Channel Espanol, Nat Geo Mundo, Telefe, Teleformula, TV Azteca, TV Dominica, TYC Sports, WAPA America
Latino Mas Package – 37 channels including:
Altres Series, Antenna 3, Atrecine, Bandamax, Canal Sur, Canal52MX, Centroamerica TV, Cinelatino, De Pelicula, De Pelicula Clasico, Ecuavisa, estudio5, Foro TV, Hola TV, NTN24, Nuestra Tele, Pasiones, RCN Novelas, Ritmoson, Teleformula, Telehit, TeleNovelas, TV Dominica, VideoRola
7 day free trial available for all packages.
- Core Package – $39.99 per month with 60+ channels
- Plus Package – $49.99 per month with 80+ channels
- Latino Package – $14.99 per month with 15+ channels
- Latino Mas Package – $24.99 per month with 25+ channels
Special Price Valid Till June 30 2020.
$10 off all English packages. ($29.99 – Core)
$5 off all Latino packages. ($9.99 – Latino Package)
Vidgo Review: Pros & Cons
We’ve compiled a list of pros and cons:
- Value for money with 60+ channels for $39.99
- Multiple package options for more flexibility
- Cancel at any time
- Live sports, shows, and news
- Entire Disney suite of networks
- Live local channels in selected markets
- Compatible with popular streaming devices
- Simultaneous streaming from three devices
- Live local channels has limited availability
- No NBC channels (local networks or others like CNBC, NBC Sports)
Overall, Vidgo is a solid option for a cable replacement streaming service. It’s a newer service, so there may be a few kinks to work out in their software, however you can try out their service for free and judge for yourself.
Is Vidgo worth It?
It’s a great service and is definitely worth a try. Remember Vidgo does not require a contract or commitment so you cancel at anytime.
And remember, you can try Vidgo free for 7 days to see if it’s the right streaming service for you.