|This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may make earn a commission at no cost to you.|
Originally posted on March 12, 2015 @ 5:54 am
Why drink your alcohol when you can get it in a powder.
Whaaaat?! Powdered Alcohol Now Legal? You have got to be kidding right? Nope. The company Palcohol created this work of magic sometime back. While it took a long time to get approved and what not, with lots of legal mumbo jumbo I don’t really want to get into (and that nobody really cares about any ways right?), Palcohol can finally be purchased. Well, it will be this summer hopefully, IF it doesn’t get banned again. This is a game changer. Think what you could do having little packets of Powdered Alcohol on you at all times. I’m sure there is/are/will be some crazy laws and regulations around this product. But hey, where there is a will there is a way right? I’m sure this will be amazing and all, but it sure wont keep me from my Whiskey. That’s for sure.
Here are a few FAQs’ I got from the Palcohol Website –
1. Who created it and what exactly is it? A guy named Mark Phillips.
Imagine a Margarita on a counter. And then imagine if you could snap your fingers and it would turn into powder. That’s Palcohol….without the magic. Palcohol is just a powder version of vodka, rum and three cocktails….with the same alcoholic content.
3. What is the alcoholic content when consuming it? Palcohol, when used as directed, by adding six ounces of liquid to it, is equal to a standard mixed drink.
4. What’s in it? It varies per version but basically, alcohol….and in the cocktail versions, natural flavorings and Sucralose as a sweetener. The ingredients of each version are listed on the front of the package. Palcohol is gluten free.
6. What flavors are there? We plan on releasing five versions sold in a pouch that is the equivalent to one shot of alcohol:
- V which is powder made from premium vodka distilled four times.
- R which is powder made from premium Puerto Rican rum
V and R can be used two ways. One way is by adding six ounces of your favorite mixer to make a Rum and Coke, Vodka and Orange Juice, etc. Another option is adding six ounces of water to the powder and then adding a flavored drink powder to make it any flavor you want. The result is equivalent to one average mixed drink.